As Baton Rouge area leaders, we support the growth and education of local aspiring entrepreneurs.
Young Entrepreneurs Academy of Baton Rouge (YEA BR) is a national after school program that transforms area high school students into confident entrepreneurs. Starting this fall, the weekly program teaches 9-12th grade students how to start and run their own business. To assist students in identifying their own “big ideas,” instructors from the LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business help them connect their talents and interests to business opportunities. Over the 30-week schedule, students create business plans, pitch their plans to an investor panel, and launch their own companies.
Benefits for YEA BR students include:
- Turn passions and talents into a real business
- Build a network of like-minded entrepreneurs
- Learn from proven, successful entrepreneurs and mentors
- Write and pitch a business plan
- Develop a brand by creating a company logo and website
- Learn from area businesses through field trips
- Graduate with a certificate in entrepreneurship
Please share this opportunity with your network to help us reach creative, driven students who would benefit from YEA BR. Additional information is available online at yeabr.org
Student nominations can be made at www.yeabr.org/nominate. The application deadline is August 31.
Help YEA BR foster an entrepreneurial mindset in young members of our community, contributing to a culture of innovation throughout the Baton Rouge Area. Please spread the word!